The Sandy Community Action Center appreciates your donation of food to our Food Pantry. These can be donated at our dock behind the building on Mondays 12:00 – 3:00 and/or Tuesdays through Saturdays 10:00 to 4:00.
Please see below for a list of our Most Wanted Foods.
The Sandy Community Action Center needs these nutritious foods:
- Shelf-stable milk
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon) and canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits and vegetables (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced sugar)
- Whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grain cereal and whole-wheat pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews (preferably with reduced sodium and reduced fat)
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- Unsaturated cooking oils
- And other nutritious, “healthy-choice” foods (preferably with reduced fat, sodium and sugar)
**Cans with pop tops are very convenient for our homeless population.
To ensure food safety, we cannot use:
- rusty or unlabeled cans
- perishable items (applies only to food drive donations)
- homemade items
- noncommercial canned or packaged items
- alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
- open or used items
We also accept dog and cat food for our furry friends.